August 4th, 2011
Book Review and Giveaway: Revenge of the Red Knight (The Imagination Station #4) by Marianne Hering and Paul McCusker
Thanks to everyone who has entered this giveaway! Our winner is Shani who wanted to win these titles for her daughter. I think you’ll truly enjoy these, our family has! I’ve sent you an email – please respond in 72 hours with your mailing address so I can have these sent out for you!
At the end of the third book in The Imagination Station series of easy readers – Peril in the Palace - Beth and Patrick found themselves NOT back at Whit’s End, but instead in a dark cave! As readers will soon discover – there is a reason for this unusual journey. Beth and Patrick find themselves in England during the war of the roses.
Dropped into the thick of they mystery concerning Albert, the treasures they have been collecting, and Lord Darkthorn, Beth and Patrick find themselves in the midst of a plot to frame Albert. Thankfully they discover some friends during this time period who have been working from their time to set things aright as well.
In Revenge of the Red Knight young readers will finally be rewarded with the answers to some of the questions that have been driving the series to date. This is a great stopping-off spot for the series because a few things are wrapped up here, but the series will continue as one of the antagonists (bad-guys) is still at large. This was my oldest daughter’s favorite book in the series – knights, castles, jousting, what’s not to love?
Rated with a Flesch-Kincaid grade level of 2.1, this chapter book is filled with as much adventure and smooth reading as the rest of the series. My children were – as always- delighted, and my five-year-old put aside all other read alouds in favor of Revenge of the Red Knight when it was her turn to choose. The virtues of loyalty, honesty, and faithfulness are showcased in this book in contrast to the deceitful trickery of the character who has emerged as the main antagonist of the series (he was previously unknown).
If you have emerging readers I highly recommend this series of engaging historical fiction titles to your family. They really ignite a love for the written word and are simple enough to encourage rather than discourage early reading efforts.
I received a physical copy of this title in exchange for this review. All opinions are genuine and entirely my own. There are affiliate links contained in this post.
I have one copy of BOTH Peril in the Palace and Revenge of the Red Knight to giveaway to one blessed winner in the US or Canada! To enter just let me know who you’d like to win these two books for!
For additional entries:
1. Subscribe to this blog for updates – see the left hand sidebar. Leave an additional comment letting me know you’ve subscribed (or if you already subscribe).
2. Sign up as a friend of this blog using the Google Friend application in the right hand sidebar (under Blog Info – around half-way down).
3. Write a post on your blog promoting and linking to this contest. Leave an additional comment with a link to your post.
4. Add the Quiverfull Family button (see the code box in the right hand sidebar under BUTTON UP!) to your blog’s sidebar, or let me know if you already have the button displayed. Leave an additional comment with a link to your post.
5. Digg, Stumble, Tweet, Facebook or otherwise share this post on a social networking site. Leave an additional comment indicating how you shared this post.
6. Follow me on Twitter or let me know if you are an existing follower.
Each additional step taken counts for 1 additional entry. A total of 7 entries are available if you complete all of these steps. Please leave a separate comment for each entry!
The contest will close at 12 a.m. MST on Monday, August 15th, 2011. One (1) winner will be randomly drawn for this novel on Tuesday, August 16th, 2011 and notified by email. Please fill your email address in the comment form when you are completing your comment so that I can contact you. The winners must respond with a mailing address within 72 hours of my email, or a new winner will be chosen. This contest is open to those living in the US and Canada!